A Free Spirited Life

My photo
Marilao, Bulacan, Philippines
A written translation of what my 1.46kg thing in my head says about the different aspects of life.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Major negative, Major positive

How ironic it is to sleep last night with shattered pride and wake up today with our pride in glory days.

This is what I personally felt today as the events unfolds in our dearest country Philippines.

Yesterday happened one of the most tragic hostage taking to date in our country. Thanks to Capt. Mendoza and his villain-some act which put our dearest country in a big big hole. But then again, is he really the one to blame here or should we really point fingers to someone just for them to feel guilty of what they've done?

This is what I really hate about our culture. The "crab-mantality" culture of the Filipinos. There are a lot of things to be proud as a Filipino but there are also things to hate about our culture. When I am on my way to Makati yesterday, the cab driver told me what is happening. And then my reaction was " Ah! Talaga?". Hahaha! Funny but true. That was, for me, the most stoic answer that a cab driver would get after bringing a bad news. And we share some thoughts on how it can be solved. The driver even thought of making some fake documents just to make the hostage taker surrender himself and let everybody inside the bus go.

How I wish that it was that easy.

Later that night, things are worse than I thought. But then again, while I was watching the news I can't help myself but laugh on how the reporters react while covering the event. I understand that their job is very dangerous but hey I want to laugh. And it ended in the death of Capt. Mendoza. May his soul rests in peace.

And then, the cyberworld became very active. Ideas here. Thoughts over there. But what we can only do is think of the "could have beens". What the police could have done. What the local government could have provided. What the national government could have given. And all this came up after a very TRAGIC incident. Yes I agree that there are lapses on how the policemen operated. But I think, we should still take our hats off because they have done their part. And it is time for us to do ours. Pay our due taxes. Help other people as much as we could. And most importantly, not to point our fingers to other people.

Today is the Ms. Universe pageant. Although the telecast on our local network is delayed, there are updates thru the cyber world that kept me ahead of the pack. Everyone was so ecstatic when Ms. Venus Raj made it to the top 15. The internet savvy expressed more pride when she made it to the top 5. But when she had lapses while answering in the Final Question and Answer portion, everybody started to express their disappointment. And it seems that they hate to be a Filipino at that very moment. And then I was able to read the "could have beens" again. She did her best but for some of us, it was not enough. She can only do so much. And what did she gain, criticism. Holy cow! From your fellow countrymen.

Life is not a Word document that you can edit. Life is not a machine in the making that when you had a mistake in putting some parts, you can buy the more appropriate one so that everything will be fine. Life is all about life. Living the present. Thanking the past. Looking forward to the future. Pointing your finger to someone won't help at all. Let's take everything as it happens. Let's learn to live our lives.

P.S.
This blog is just an opinion of the writer. It doesn't intend to hurt someone. It is intended for sharing of thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment